Recently I’ve received a lot of “bug reports” caused by incorrect update from version 1.1 to 1.2.
Common wrong scenarios are “overwrite old EVE Mentat with new one” or “copy database from old EVE Mentat to new”. Both these methods give a crash on EVE Mentat start up.
Correct way to update is:
- Unzip EVE Mentat 1.2 to new or empty folder (create clean copy).
- Run this clean copy. You should see welcome screen with EULA and three buttons (see image below).
- Accept EULA and choose Import existing database option.
- In the new dialog select path to your old copy of EVE Mentat and press Ok.
Note, path should point to EVE Mentat’s root folder, for instance d:\Games\EVE Mentat 1.1 .
Problem: EVE Mentat doesn’t read all market data from cache or reads nothing.
Reason: This problem can be reproduced during the simultaneous use of EVE Mentat and EVEMon 1.7.x+ (or EVEMon Market Unified Uploader – EMUU). EMUU is active by default in EVEMon 1.7.x.
Problem in fact that EMUU deletes market cache files after uploading and other tools unable to work with market cache correctly.
Solution: You should disable Market Unified Uploader in EVEMon.
To do this perform next steps:
I’ve received feedbacks about usage of database migration script described here and decided to write more detailed instructions to avoid troubles.
Please, read full post…
This article describes the basic principles of trading with EVE Mentat in EVE Online universe.
Trade skills can be divided into four sub-categories:
- Skills that increase maximal number of active orders orders: Trade, Retail, Wholesale, Tycoon.
- Skills that increase range of buy orders and and allow to setup sell/buy orders remotely: Marketing, Procurement, Daytrading, Visibility.
- Skills that reduce trade taxes and fees: Accounting, Broker Relations, Margin Trading.
- Skills that increases maximal number of outstanding contracts: Contracting and Corporation Contracting.